Wednesday, March 17, 2021

My Testimony

It’s about time I put down my testimony of the last year and what’s been going on with me spiritually. My testimony has grown daily from the day of my baptism on October 17, 1964, when I was 11 years old. A little bit about myself, I was born in 1952 along with my twin sister in Santa Monica, California. We have an older sister and brother, and then a younger brother. We lived in Long Beach, California until December of 1962, when we moved to Phoenix, Arizona. We know that we were supposed to move there so that our family would find the Church. We had been Presbyterian since before we were born. Our dad, who was divorced from our mom, went boating on Lake Havasu, and the boat he was on flipped, sending him to the bottom. He was able to save himself, but his cigarettes were left on the bottom, which he felt was a sign, that he needed to find a Church that taught people to abstain from smoking. So, he found the Ward missionaries, Nephi Allen and Charles Alexander. He took the lessons and was baptized, then asked them to teach us. He wanted us to receive the same blessings. We were taught the lessons, and when our mom was convinced, she immediately wanted to know if her ancestors lived for naught, so the missionaries taught us about work for the dead! We were all converted right then. We were all baptized on our older brother’s 16th Birthday. It was a momentous day for us! We got involved in the Ward and felt right at home there, our mom teaching in Primary! We loved the Gospel! Then in 1968, we moved back to Santa Monica to be near our maternal Grandmother, after our step-grandfather died. I loved my years there as a teenager. I met my future husband in Jr. High and introduced him to the Gospel. He was finally able to be baptized when he was 18, against his parents wishes, but it was what he wanted. We were married in the LA Temple in 1973 and have been blessed with 7 children. We moved to Utah in 1978, then bought our home in Magna in 1980. About a year ago, we started to consider the need to move because of the house’s split entry. We didn’t really get serious until about 6 months ago, when our daughter, Shannon, who has never married, suggested we buy a house together. Wow, did things really start to happen quickly, once we made that decision! We prayed about the decision and we both felt good about it, so we started to get things going. We found our Real Estate Agent, Becky Nay, because of our longtime friendship. After meeting with her, we started looking. We saw a few homes we liked, but were too late to bid or got outbid. Then our niece stepped in and asked to buy our house to flip. We prayed about that decision and felt good about it, so we let everyone know. Then we looked at this house in Herriman, felt it was right and won the bid. A week or so later, Becky let us know how crazy things got right after we bought the house, and we know everything worked out because it was meant to be! We are grateful for this Ward and can’t wait to get to know you all better. We love the gospel and know it’s true. I love the Gospel, I love my Savior and I know the Book of Mormon is true. I’m grateful to have it to learn more about the truths of the Gospel and our Savior’s love for us. I’m very grateful for the Atonement and the wonderful gift it is. Without it, we would be lost.

No comments: