Friday, September 25, 2009

My thoughts

These are some of my thoughts I shared on a news story about Paul Cardall's recent heart transplant. Someone made a comment about how we can be grateful for trials the Lord gives us with a diseased heart and other such trials. These were the thoughts I shared, to hopefully make a difference in that person's life.
___________________________________________________________________

I am one who is grateful for my health. I had surgery when I was 5 years old to repair a VSD. I now am the proud mother of seven and grandmother of seven. I am listed as a donor and one of our daughters, who passed away 7 years ago was able to be a tissue donor. I know what I felt after Hanna's death, when I was asked if we wanted her to be a donor. My response was an immediate "Yes!". I knew that during her short life, living with her disabilities, her favorite thing to do was to help others, so she would have chosen this, no doubts at all!
Sometimes in life we have to wonder why we were given these trials. Sometimes it is for our growth, and other times it is for the growth and blessings received when someone shows their unselfishness through organ donation! I am thankful for my life, and the doctors who made it possible for me to be a mother and to realize how important our sacrifices are.

No comments: