Thursday, September 10, 2009

What a day!

We decided before coming to Las Vegas, that we wanted to go to the Las Vegas Temple, so that's what we did this morning. We got there and got ready, but we just missed the 8:30 am session, so we waited for the next at 9am. We were quietly sitting there, and one of the brethren came up to us and asked us to be the witness couple. This is the first time we have ever had this honor, and all because we missed the other session. There weren't a lot of people in the session, and very few couples. That may be why we got picked. It was a very spiritual time and I spent a lot of time praying for the sister who's work I was doing. Her name was Molly Legan, born in Kansas in, I think 1841. I may go to family search to see if I can find out more about her. Peter's name was Gustave Gaston, with no further info on the slip. I read an article by Susan Corpany Curtis on Meridian earlier that showed how important family stories are in helping you to know an ancestor better. I have written some in a journal over the years, but I know I need to write more. Blogging is a good way to do that. Families are forever!

No comments: